This is a request from Yah, Ros and Kak Zah. I brought the cake to the office, already cut to pieces as I didn't decorate it this time. They liked the taste and texture of the cake and requested the recipe. I forgot where I got this recipe, but I've already amended it according to my liking. It's a bit on the sweet side, so you are welcomed to lessen the sugar or the condensed milk if you prefer a not-too-sweet cake.
So, here you are!
250 gms butter (1 stick)
200 gms castor sugar
210 gms all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder (sift together)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4-5 tablespoons of condensed milk
1. Stir butter, sugar flour and baking powder in a cake mixer until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add the eggs one by one and continue stirring.
3. Add vanilla essence and condensed milk. Continue stirring for about 4 minutes. Don't stir too long, okay.
4. Pour into an 8 or 9-inch baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes 170 C (depending on your oven) or until inserted toothpick came out clean.
* This cake is a bit different because as the usual convention is to cream the butter and sugar first before adding in the rest, usually saving the flour for last.
But, do try it! I'm sure it will change your mind about baking a butter cakes after this!
3 months ago