Sunday, February 13, 2011

Meatloaf

You can do no wrong with this meatloaf recipe. Especially if your family love burger, sausages and the likes. You can eat it by itself, with bread, any kind of pratha bread or even with rice.

I got it from my friend, Sue, who is now recuperating at home from the effects of chemotheraphy after her mastectomy surgery. She directed me to the website link, but I forgot the website :(. Anyway, thanks a lot Sue, and hope you get well soon!



Ingredients:
1. 2.5 lbs of ground beef
2. 3 eggs, beaten
3. 6 oz herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
4. 1 cup hickory smoke flavored barbeque sauce
5. 1 onion, finely chopped
6. 1 teaspoon minced garlic
7. half cup milk

for glaze, combine 1 cup barbeque sauce and 1 cup brown sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 175 C or 350 F. Grease 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix items 1 to 7 and placed into prepared baking dish. Shape into 2 loaves.
3. Pour glace over the 2 meatloaves.
4. Cover the baking dish and and bake for 60 to 90 minutes. Uncover the last 15 minutes of baking time. Let sit for 15 minutes before slicing.



Note: I used chilli sauce instead of barbeque sauce as I don't have any barbeque sauce in my kitchen. I also put some curry powder too since I used plain bread crumbs plus some leftover cream crackers (crushed) instead of 'herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix'. No worries. you can mix and match according to your taste and likings :).

It's yummylicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment