Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Doll Cake Version 2

Me: Dayah's birthday is on April 12, right?
Sis: Yes!...err...why do you ask?
Me: Are you going to celebrate it? Birthday Party, Birthday kenduri, or the like? It falls on a Saturday you know, just nice....
Sis: Hmmm... there'll be a big kenduri at Cik Salmah's, my neighbour, that day... I'm sure our parents would be busy too. Next day, on Sunday, Dayah will have to attend her tuition class, and then off we shall go to my in-laws in Sentul. Ahhh, no time lah! Perhaps we'll celebrate on a small scale, just the family....
Me: I don'care whether you want to celebrate or not, I still want to bake a cake for her!
Sis: Err...errr...ok...ok, if that's what you wish, I'll discuss the matter with her father. What about the following week...

The above conversation was between me and my dear sister sometime on early April. To cut the long story short, at last we celebrated Dayah's and three others birthday last weekend. The three are my nephews (Zahin and Hafiz) and my dear SIL!

Here was my doll cake, specially made for the birthday girls.


Took me a week to finish it, starting from making the sugarpaste from scratch for the alphabets and the doll's whatchamacallit... the 'upper dress'... And then to let it dry a few days. Also, it took me three solid hours just to deco the doll's skirt. Phew!

As Dalilah, my dedicated supporter and critique, commented that my doll-cake-version-1's bum was so HUGE, I made an effort (considerably HUGE effort, because I have to spend money and precious time for it!) to achieve a smaller bum for this doll... Never mind that Dalilah doesn't know that the ladies during the Victorian era intentionally wore 'hoops' inside their skirts to make their skirts appear HUGE and fluffy!

My dear SIL also prepared her fabulous cupcakes for the occasion. Here and here were her creations for that special day.

Happy Birthday Aida, Dayah, Zahin and Hafiz! May Allah bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment